1. How old are your children and do they have any favorite movies that they like to watch over and over? My boys are 8 and 4, each with birthdays over the summer. I guess at age 4, I'd better stop calling the youngest one a baby. Their favorite movies are anything Pixar. They know the entire script from Cars and Wall-E. We've also started renting Disney Classics from the library. They can't get enough of Swiss Family Robinson. We have as much fun watching them giggle over the movie as they do watching it.
2. My sister-in-law was called Cathy as a kid, but now prefers Catherine. Have you always been Katherine? I've always been a Katherine. The year I was born, my parents didn't know any other Katherines. But within 6 months, I had three cousins born, all named Katherine. Their names were shorted to Kathy, Katie, and Kat. My mother insisted that I would go by Katherine. Which I have.
3. You've got one of the busiest schedules in the blogosphere, and you recently decided to cut back on your blogging in an attempt to balance your life. How is that going? Do you have a regular time set aside for writing or are you just taking it day by day? Well, I'm sure that other people have exhausting, busy schedules as well. I just complain about mine a lot more. But juggling my job and my family can be difficult. Especially this July, when my schedule drastically changed, I went through a rough patch. I thought I would have to give up blogging completely. But since my sanity correlates to blogging, we thought it would be wise for everyone that I continue to write. The new schedule is actually going great. I get more family time, more study time, and am getting a somewhat reasonable amount of sleep. The plan is that I have time twice a week to blog (although sometimes I sneak extra posts in when I just have to share something.)
4. What advice would you give to someone who's thinking about applying for med school? Don't do it! No, I'm kidding. I think that there are people who are meant to be doctors and people who aren't. The unfortunate thing is that you're not exactly sure which group you belong to until you are most of the way done with medical school. I would recommend talking to other physicians that have the same life circumstances that you do (kids or no kids, married or single, etc.) I would also look seriously at dentists, physical therapists, physician assistants, nurse anesthetists, nurse practitioners, all of whom get patient interaction but have less stressful careers. Also, make sure you have a stellar support group, because you're going to need it. There, did I scare everyone off?
5. What did you have for dinner last night? Roasted butternut squash soup. I like my food to sound all fancy. It still doesn't make my boys eat it any better.
Thanks, Katherine! Unfortunately, a butternut squash by any other name is still a vegetable, isn't it?! But a Friday's Five by any other name will still be a fun Q & A with a great blogger. See you all back here next week!
Previously on Friday's Five . . .
Friday's Five: Joey (Big Teeth & Clouds)Friday's Five: Karen (A Peek at Karen's World) Friday's Five: Karen (Karen's Journal)
Friday's Five: Quadmama (Buried in Laundry) Friday's Five: Stephanie (Steph in the City)
Friday's Five: Michelle (Table for Nine) Friday's Five: Dawn (Bee and Rose)
Friday's Five: Francesca (Three Bay B Chicks) Friday's Five: Michelle (Scribbit)
Friday's Five: Dianna (The Kennedy Adventures!) Friday's Five: Jen (Li'l Man's World)
Friday's Five: TwinMama (Bringing Up Twins) Friday's Five: Michele (The Stefo Crew)
Friday's Five: Geri (saddlepotatoes) Friday's Five: Lana (The Kids Did What?!)
Friday's Five: Lisa (Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy) Friday's Five: Helene (I'm Living Proof that God has a Sense of Humor)
Yes, butternut squash is still a vegetable, but when mixed with chicken stock and cream, only barely one.
Thanks for the opportunity.
THIS was the best line of all...."since my sanity correlates to blogging, we thought it would be wise for everyone that I continue to write". HAHAHA. Nice to meet you, Katherine. I'll think of you as we watch CARS, again (did you hear a sequel is in the works for next summer?)
I will always call my daughter "baby". I think 4 is no time to stop!
Thanks for stopping by my blog on my SITS Day! I love the idea of interviewing readers. Off to enjoy the rest of your blog!
I love Katherine!
She really is amazing. I don't know how she manages to do it all and still blog about all the great adventures she has with her adorable boys.
Post a Comment