1. I enjoy a good nap. Okay, it's more than enjoy. I need a good nap or I will shut down like a dead robot by 5:00 in the evening.
2. My favorite flavor of ice cream is Tillamook's Chocolate Peanut Butter.
3. I have nice feet. Really, they are quite attractive insomuch as feet can be.
4. I won 3rd place in a talent competition with my rendition of Bessie's Boil by Robert Service. It's a long poem delivered in a Cockney accent, but if you read the entire thing, the payoff is hilarious.
5. When I booked and paid for a non-refundable trip to Egypt and Israel, I didn't know I was pregnant with my second child, so I ended up traveling overseas just as I turned 7 months pregnant. Because my coloring is dark, most people assumed I was Egyptian. All kinds of people on the street and in the shops were chatting me up in . . . er, Egyptian? I don't even know what language, frankly. When I crossed the border into Israel I was pulled aside into a private room and searched thoroughly; security wanted to make sure the bump under my maternity shirt was really a baby. Good times.
6. I've never smoked pot. (Do they even call it pot nowadays? I should refer to it as grass just to irritate the teenagers.) I was offered a puff once at an eighth-grade slumber party and a second time at an ELO concert, but I graciously declined. Interestingly enough, not a single drug dealer has approached me since. Not in high school. Not even in college! What's this world coming to?
7. I didn't realize that I was a perfectionist until I read about a technique to help manage one's tendency to keep working and re-working something over and over and over and over and over again until it's perfect: STOP AFTER THE THIRD TIME, even if the project is not perfect. I now try to live by this principle, and it's saved my sanity.
8. I know all the lyrics to Hotel California. Don't ask me how or why. I don't even particularly like that song, but if I ever gather enough nerve to sing karaoke, I'll pick Hotel California and rock the house.
9. The other day, my 11-year-old daughter accused me of being prideful about my height. It's true. I'm 5'10, and don't you forget it.
10. Why do magazine articles insist that clothes reveal a lot about a person? The only thing that clothes reveal to me about a fashionable, beautifully-dressed woman is that she has a lot of money and/or time to shop.
I must forward the Honest Scrap Award to 7 bloggers, so like a soulless criminal I'm choosing my victims at random from my Followers list on the sidebar:
Krissi at My Ordinary Miracles
Màrcia at Arte Telurica
Caribou at If I Can Do It Myself . . .
Mrs. B at discovering wildlife. and then some.
Stephanie at Steph in the City
Daisy at Deal Fanatic
Perhaps to annoy all of you, Michelle also sent me the Circle of Friends award, which requires me to write some more about myself: 5 things that I love. Goes without saying that I love God, country, and family, so here is the rest:
2. A full-body massage. Performed by a certified masseuse at a day spa, thank you very much.
3. Warm-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookies and a tall glass of cold milk.
5. Rock-y worship music.
This friendly award must be forwarded to 5 bloggers . . . aaaaand . . . drum roll, please . . . the fickle finger of fate chooses:
Katherine at The Katherine Wheel
Cambridge Lady at Just waffling . . .
Angie at Ballard Boys
Quadmama at Buried in Laundry
Finally, there's Joey over at Big Teeth and Clouds. She awarded me the loverly Heartfelt Blogger Award. Thank you so much! This is my favorite accolade of all because I am not required to write anything but the name of the blogger to whom I'm awarding it: Mistika from Elashry Casa who, although communicating in her second language of English, writes directly from her heart.
Dinner last night: chicken enchiladas, refried beans, corn
Exactly one year ago today: