This week, I'd like to introduce you to Jen from Li'l Man's World. She's a new mom who recently started her blog as a way to document life with her baby. Jen's site is a perfect example of how blogs can be used to share stories, pictures, and videos with family and friends in a convenient, visually appealing way. Every young mother needs to hear how cute her baby is, so if you've got a sec, pop over and give her baby's cheeks a virtual pinch!
1. How old is your child and what is his most recent milestone? Jacob is 11 months old and I would say his latest milestone is climbing all the way up the winding stair case, with me behind . . .
2. Is there anything about being a mom that caught you off guard—something you didn't know when you were childless that you'd feel or think or realize after having a baby? How every decision I make is based upon his schedule, not mine!
3. You and your husband recently moved to Michigan. Sitting up here in Alaska and watching the evening news, we are given such a bleak picture of the economy in the rest of the country. How is it really? Are people mostly okay in Michigan or is it as bad as the press depicts? In light of the recent bankruptcy filing, people seem to be walking around on eggshells and complaining about our leadership in government and not doing anything about it. My husband is in the restaurant business and he sees no effect of the recession whatsoever. They have done more business this year than the last. I still do think moving back to Michigan was the best decision for our family even though people look at us funny.
4. How do you compare blogging to MySpace? Which do you prefer? Blogging doesn't compare to MySpace. I would go one year between [MySpace] blogs! I like how everyone can see it, too, and not need to be a member. My in-laws are full-time RVers, so they feel involved in Jacob's life.
5. You knew this was coming . . . what did you have for dinner last night? Beer bratwursts, corn on the cob, and baked beans. Jacob liked the cob at the end (hee hee)!
Thanks, Jen! I know what you mean about schedules—my babies possessed the uncanny ability to fill their diapers with diarrhea just as I was moving out the door for an appointment that I had already rescheduled twice. Welcome to motherhood . . . and to the blogging community!
I'll meet the rest of you back here next Friday for another sit-down session with a fabulous blogger.
Friday's Five: TwinMama (Bringing Up Twins)
Friday's Five: Michele (The Stefo Crew)
Friday's Five: Geri (saddlepotatoes)
Friday's Five: Lana (The Kids Did What?!)
Friday's Five: Lisa (Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy)
Friday's Five: Helene (I'm Living Proof that God has a Sense of Humor)